Saturday, September 24, 2011

chicken soup.

since February, I have been making this basic soup
that I found in my taste of home cookbook
over the months, I have changed it, but still sticking to the same base.
soup is seriously an incredible thing.
Even on warmer days, I'm totally okay with eating a huge bowl of soup with crusty bread.

what to do.
I saute garlic, onions, carrots, & celery in a bit of oil.
Add seasonings, but don't go overboard on salt.
if I have homemade stock on hand, I use that,
but when I don't, I prefer bouillan cubes instead of buying a huge box of stock.
so at this point. I add the cubes & water [about 8 cubes, 8-10 cups water]
Let it boil.


In another pan, saute garlic in oil.
Add chicken, & brown [7-9 minutes]
Once cooked, transfer to a cutting board and let cool.

Add beans & pasta! I always use white cannenilli beans
and an entire bag/box of good, sturdy pasta [egg noodles work really well]
Let it boil, again.


Reduce heat.
Pull the chicken using 2 forks or your hand, then add to the soup.
If I have zucchini and squash, I add it now.
Cover the soup, and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Right before serving, I add handfuls [3 cups] of washed spinach [without the stems of course]
Stir & serve with your favorite bread or crackers.


I am a baker that loves to cook as much as I love to bake.

yellow
butt(::)n


No comments: