Hello! I have a fun recipe for you all.
A quick little batch of strawberry jam with super ripe berries
and loaded with chia seeds.
Since my husband and I have changed our diet a month ago,
we have been eliminating sugar from our diet.
This includes all of the jams I've ever made.
I had to find something else that was without sugar,
so that I could still enjoy one of my favorite treats.
Two peas & their pod have a wonderful recipe
for a healthy jam. They made it with blackberries.
Anything with chia seeds is popular right now.
They are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, have tons of fiber, & protein.
Overall, they're pretty good for you and can help you lose weight!
We have been adding chia seeds to so many different meals.
Breakfast smoothies, salads, dinners...
Since our new lifestyle is considered vegetarian with the
addition of either chicken or fish for one meal per day,
it's good to get protein from other sources.
Strawberry Chia Seed Jam
2-3 tablespoons raw honey
3 tablespoons chia seeds
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Bring the berries to a low boil, stirring often.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer until berries soften. Mash some.
3. Add raw honey and chia seeds. Cook on low for 7-10 minutes.
4. Take the jam off the heat, add the vanilla and stir.
5. Let jam cool to room temperature.
6. Store in jars in the refrigerator.
7. Jam will keep up to 2 weeks.