Tuesday, March 10, 2015

November 9th; A naked wedding cake.

I had the honor of baking for my best friends wedding this past fall. When she got engaged, we had talked about me baking the cake for them. I was honestly a little nervous because I only ever bake wedding cupcakes with a small bride and groom cake.

She told me she wanted a naked wedding cake. Who doesn't?! They're beautiful, simple, and rustic. Plus, her and Adam preferred no icing so this seemed like the perfect cake! She said that I could have total freedom with the flavors, but we decided to stick with all vanilla and raspberry jam. Mm

I spent a month trying to find the best! vanilla sponge cake. Ugh, that was a disaster. Night after night I would bake new recipes and just throw them into the trash. It wasn't until I decided to try Joy Of Baking. FINALLY! The search was over. A recipe similar to a pound cake, yet still light. Was this for real?

Indeed it was. I decided to bake a trial cake at 10pm, fill and decorate it at 6am and bring it to work where we could all try it. Whew. I was so relieved when the cake was just crumbs left on plate. 

Long story short, this vanilla cake is the bomb. And I'm choosing to share it with you!




3 cups AP flour, sifted
1T baking powder
1/2 t. Salt
1 cup (2 sticks) room temperature butter
1 & 3/4 cups of sugar
4 large eggs 
2 t. Pure vanilla extract
1 cup of whole milk, room temperature

Full recipe and video posted below!
http://m.joyofbaking.com/cakes/VanillaCake.html


Yellow Butt(::)n

No comments: