Monday, April 27, 2015

Chocolatey banana bread

Mmm, what to do with brown, almost black, bananas....
BANANA BREAD!
And what better to add then cocoa powder and chocolate chunks!
[currently drooling over the aroma in my kitchen as I write]
This is smitten kitchens double chocolate banana bread.
It's a must add recipe to your recipe box! I promise you.




3 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup of butter, melted
3/4 cups brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 cup of flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder, dutch process*
1 cup of semisweet or bittersweet chocolate**

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Butter a 9x5 loaf pan & set aside.
Mash the bananas (I like to leave some small chunks)
Add in the melted butter, brown sugar, egg, & vanilla.
Mix mix mix until combined.
Sift the dry ingredients [flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon]
Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture.
Stir just until combined.
Sprinkle in the chocolate chunks and stir.
Pour into prepared pan, bake for 55-65 minutes,
& let cool for 10-15 minutes on a cooling rack.
Slice, serve, enjoy.

*I added less cocoa then mentioned in the recipe (mainly because I ran out!) which ended up in my favor! Any more and it would have been too sweet. 

**I used both semisweet & bittersweet chocolate, 1/2 cup of each.


Yellow butt(::)n




No comments: