fresh strawberry buttercream
tips! tips! tips!
1. if you have extra cake batter, whip up a cake! change the flavor if possible. today i was making vanilla cupcakes and had enough extra batter to make a 9" layer cake. i added fresh lemon zest and juice to the mix and out came a lemon cake [my favorite obsession]
2. i wanted to use a frosting that was fit for the day. its hot, and its summer time so why not use fresh berries! i chopped them up and folded them into a basic buttercream recipe. [eat within 2 days]
3. fill the cake and ice only the top. the cake looks more home-made, and almost healthier to eat.
berry frosting.2 sticks of room temperature butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
16 ounces powdered sugar
1/2 cup fresh, chopped berries
1. beat butter & vanilla.
2. slowly add sugar, alternating with berries.
3. whip until desired consistency.